Sunday, May 1, 2011

Super simple coffee filter candle holder (tutorial)

With the addition of our new shelf (see the post here) I needed a couple of small things to fill it, and came across a pretty coffee filter craft, where it looks like a huge flower for a lamp shade. I thought to myself it would make a gorgeous vase or candle holder, so I got out my glue gun and the coffee filters, and turned a beautiful candle holder that was part of a 3 set (not anymore, thanks kids!) into something even prettier and more fitting for our home. Its a very simple project, but pretty time consuming. And possibly painful if youre anything like me...it really hurts to burn your finger with hot glue, and then peel off a couple layers of skin at the same time. So be careful if you attempt this craft. I have NOT quite finished it (ran out of filters), but promised a tutorial so here it is.

What I started with. Pretty huh? Especially pretty with a candle or in the sunlight for fall. But I want a different look I can use all year round.


Lets get started. If youre going to use glass, clean it first so the glue has a nice clean surface to adhere to.

Fold your filter in half:
 In half again:
 Fold into thirds:
 Then fold in half again from the bottom up:
 Start gluing!! Keep the flowers close together, with the pointy part pointing down. Sometimes you may need to twist or turn the flower to fit it and get it even with the rest. Then, fluff up a little bit. Easy peasy!


TADA!! Pretty huh?!
 
I promise to post the completely done piece once it IS done, and on the shelf in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See something you like? Leave a note!