Tuesday, May 3, 2011

tickle me tuesday

Its Tuesday! Time to share what tickles me this week...but first....an announcement!

Were having another girl!!

I knew this already. My husband was holding out hope still, and still is since her legs were tight together, but the tech and I both saw a girl. We both really wanted a boy (and I do mourn that I wont have a "mamas boy"), but this is a good thing. I no longer have to give up my craft room since 2 girls will share a room, I dont have to fight with hubby about the decor (hes a mish mash sort of person and wasnt exactly leaning towards baby type decor, more what he would do now as an adult, not, you know, newborn), and I get to play with girly baby stuff some more.

But lets face it, girls are more expensive, and were not monetarily rich, nor do we own a 4,000 sq ft, 5 bedroom house. So Im totally tickled by these ideas and inspiration for everything girl, on the cheap, that can be shared.

With our oldest two sharing a room soon, we need two beds to fit in a small space, and I love these beds because of the storage and the simplicity. My husband can easily make them and they should be fairly inexpensive to make, which is L.O.V.E right now for us.
Our girls have picked a red, pink and blue theme (how convenient since the two youngers will be those too!) similar to this room:

And whats especially great, is the walls are already a pale blue. All I have to paint is the trim and furniture white, and pick out/make new bedding. Which will be where the bulk of the cost will be, but I plan on making the bedding myself this time. Will be much cheaper that way! I plan on using store bought sheets and some stamps, trim, etc, for just about everything.

How cool would it be if we did something like this for each girl to have her own space on each side of the bed? (without the pole, but adding cork board or something like that, above the desk):


But with these for shelves too, as well as in the bed storage (can you say hello dollar store?!)cheap!! :

I would make some of these for each "desk" unit to hold pens, pencils and such in different sizes and colors and patterns:
And I would love, love LOVE if I could find some of these for on top or underneath of the dresser/vanity for storage:
Im hoping to get started by summer and finished by fall, and hope to do both rooms, or at least partial of the youngers', at the same time. The bed building will be the most time consuming and expensive, but hopefully hubby can knock them out pretty easily and quickly. We have lots of wood laying around, so maybe well be able to save there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See something you like? Leave a note!