Saturday, April 3, 2010

unfinished business

I still have yet to do any sort of craft or home projects. I'm taking a break from the sewing machine for the weekend, and just hanging out around the house, watching movies with my girls and relaxing. Tomorrow we'll be off to a potluck and egg hunt for Easter. I did spring clean one bathroom, as I said I would be, and its all ready to be painted whenever I can get around to it. It seems like I'm saying that a lot lately....

We have a lot of unfinished projects around here, things that need doing. I'm trying to organize a to-do list with these projects, but I have yet to find the oomph to get it going. There is just so very much to do, and I'm only one little person.

The first thing we need to finish is our oldest daughter's bedroom. We ripped all the built-ins out, and now we have an empty wall, waiting to be patched and painted. That's the big hold up. I am perfectly capable of patching the holes and painting myself, but my husband wants to do it with special stuff that I have no clue how to use. I'm half tempted to go in there and use plain old patch tape and spackle just so I can get it finished. She's sort of bummed she isn't in there yet...and so am I. I'm itching to get in there and decorate it. I can't wait to go shopping for all the little accessories!

All right, here are my spring cleaning tips for the bathroom, as promised. Its a very short list and it takes an hour to accomplish.


*First, as with any room, sweep down the ceiling and walls, shelves and alcoves to displace the dust.
*Spray the inside of your shower or bath with soap scum remover and let sit.
*Empty out your medicine and under the sink cabinets. Stick it all in a box and go through it all after you have cleaned.
*Fill a bucket with hot soapy water and wash out the cabinets.
*Using a paintbrush, sweep out the window sills and vacuum the screens. Wash the windows.
*Next step is washing down the walls, trim, and switches. 
*Take an old toothbrush and scrub the grout in the tiles and around the tub and toilet with a solution of baking soda, vinegar and water. Rinse with a clean rag and plain water.
*Wash the baseboards down.
*Clean the base of the toilet.
*Finally scrub out the bath tub and shower and rinse well.
*Last, sweep and scrub the floors with a clean rag.
*Give everything a wipe down with your favorite bathroom cleaner, shine the faucets and let dry while you go through the box of stuff you took out.
*Get rid of any expired medications or cosmetics, things that aren't used and broken electronics like blow dryers and curling irons. Clean the caps of bottles and wipe them down. Don't forget to clean your accessories like pictures, candles and vases, and the soap dispensers and such. Hang fresh linens.
*Put everything back in an organized fashion, using baskets or buckets to hold things. Then step back and admire the sparkle.

1 comment:

  1. cute blog..i love it!!
    come on over and visit mine
    www.nikkibrewer24.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

See something you like? Leave a note!