I dyed 2 dozen+1, just for the Easter bunny. So, after yesterday and todays breakfast, I still have 15 eggs left...yeah, that many. So, what to do with all of them? Heres my plan-save a few for snacking, and use the rest for the following recipes!
Salmon salad with vinaigrette:
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (3-ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
2. Place beans in large pan of boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
3. Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl, stirring well with whisk; set aside.
4. Using a mister, spray both sides of each fillet with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 tea-spoon pepper. Place fish, skin side up, on grill rack; cook 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, turning after 4 minutes.
5. Arrange 1 cup greens in each of 4 bowls; top with onion, egg slices, and beans. Top with salmon; drizzle with dressing.
Made these for lunch today.
English muffin egg pizzas:
- 4 English-muffins
- Olive oil
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Grated mozzarella
- Kosher salt
Warm potato salad with bacon
- 1 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 8-10 potatoes, chopped and boiled, not peeled
- 6 or 7 hard boiled eggs, brought to room temp
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 2-4 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
Hope you enjoy these protein and vitamin d packed recipes!